This one is a classic. I don't add as much sherry, and omit the almonds out of personal preference, but I assure you it tastes great with them! The name of the recipe is a family mystery- it's just always been called that.
You will need:
Six boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Slice each breast into four or five strips.
saute 8 – 10 mushrooms in olive oil and butter
quarter one-half can of water chestnuts
one can cream of mushroom soup
one can cream of celery soup
one can cream of chicken soup
one-half cube butter, melted
one to one and one half cup Sherry (more if sauce is too thick)
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Butter a 9” by 13” baking dish. Lightly cover bottom of dish with sauce. Sprinkle one and one-quarter cups long grain rice and three-quarters cup wild rice in bottom of dish.
3. 'Carefully cover rice with half of sauce. Add chicken in a single layer over rice and cover with remaining sauce.
4. 'Sprinkle generously with fresh parmesan cheese (Parmesan Reggiano is best. Top with slivered almonds (small package).
5. 'Bake two and one-half hours at 275 degrees. Cover with foil to keep warm or if cheese starts to brown during baking.